Our mission and pleasure has always been to welcome people to this land. Our retreat center is open seasonally, from May 15 to October 15. The farm is open year-round.
Our summer hours are Tuesdays – Saturdays from 8 am to 6 pm, and on Sundays from 8 am – 3 pm. We are open for picnicking until 9 pm on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights. We are closed on Mondays.
If you wish to walk our trails, shop in the farm store or come for a picnic, please follow the guidelines below. Thank you for respecting a few simple rules and our privacy, and we look forward to your visit.
Day Visitor Guidelines
- Knoll Farm & Refuge adheres to Vermont’s health protocols for our staff and guests. We take seriously your health, our health, and the health of this land. Please do not visit if you have symptoms or illness or have been around someone who has.
- Knoll Farm guests are encouraged to wear masks in any building, as for example when you use a restroom. Masks are optional while walking outside or shopping in the store.
- Hand wash and sanitize stations will be placed throughout the property so that you may practice good hygiene during your visit.
- We hope you take advantage of the expansive outdoor space Knoll Farm has to offer. However, there may be times when you’re near others. Please allow for 6 feet of social distancing space.
- Please leave your beloved pets at home. No dogs, even on a leash. Thank you!
For Overnight Guests and Private Events
- Our Refuge is open May 15-Oct 15 for groups of 10 or more.
- To inquire about making a retreat reservation for your organization, please fill out our reservation form. We are now taking reservations for 2022 retreats.
- Please visit our Celebrations page for more information on how to create a fabulous family event with us. Although we are not primarily a wedding venue, we love to have two or three special weddings here each year.
Your Season Pass to Knoll Farm gives you access to our 160-acre farm from May 26-Oct 1, discounts on berries you pick or stays in the yurt village and other special benefits as well as the knowledge that you are helping us stay resilient. We have Family passes for up to 5 members. Season passes are limited and are now sold out for the season.
Your Day Pass to Knoll Farm gives us the ability to know how many people are here, and to explain to you how to make the most of your visit. They are by donation. With a Day Pass you can purchase pick-your-own berries, picnic on the hillside, explore our hiking trails, visit the sheep and enjoy the views. Pick up your Day Pass at the farm stand when you arrive. You do not need a pass to shop in the store.
We are excited to offer 3 different Picnic Baskets, full of delicious locally made items like crusty bread, goat cheese, salumi, our pestos and jams and homemade desserts. Packed for 2 people, these are available for online purchase and pick-up and go, every day except Monday, plus three evenings a week. There are 160 acres to enjoy and it’s easy to spread out!
We are excited to offer you the opportunity to reserve our Mountain Yurt this season through Hipcamp. The peaceful setting, mountain views, and private accommodations make it an ideal getaway in the mountains. The Mountain Yurt is a beautiful, private camping area in the middle of our 160-acre organic farm and retreat center with accommodations for up to 6 on folding couches. There are miles of hiking trails onsite and a fire circle just below the yurt with a picnic table. The yurt has a wood stove to take the chill off, and an outhouse.
By joining our community, you become part of the story of this land.
Be the first to know when the berries are ripe, workshops are scheduled, or leadership fellowships are announced.