Client Relations Manager
May 9 – October 15
+/- 30 hours per week
The Client Relations Manager is the person most responsible for the overall experience of retreat participants. They ensure that the client experience and quality of care provided are in line with our philosophy of radical hospitality, and are also expected to assist with the management and coordination of staff.
- Working closely with our Program Manager to fully understand the needs and expectations of each client.
- Managing the timely and professional response to client needs via email or by phone. Communications are expected to be timely and professional, beginning 14 days prior to their arrival, and ending with evaluations/debriefs of the client’s experience after their departure.
- Ensuring a positive experience for guests during their stay at the farm.
- Clearly communicating the needs of all guests to the staff.
- Coordinating staff tasks, and acting as the point-person for Retreat Managers and Refuge Crew members.
- Assisting in the training of new staff members.
Ideal Client Relations Manager candidates are strong communicators and problem solvers with the ability to transition quickly from task to task. They believe strongly in service to others, and are dedicated to making connections with all visitors. As this is a leadership position, prior experience managing others is important. Must love being outdoors, have a strong work ethic and a sense of humor. Experience with Google Suite is a plus. We look for gregarious, self-aware people who appreciate our mission of connecting people to the land through radical hospitality.
We seek candidates who have an approachable demeanor and a general openness to input from all levels of staff and the general public. Must be sensitive to issues of gender, racial, ethnic and cultural diversity and inclusion.
Knoll Farm’s mission and core values of equity, fairness, inclusion and diversity are present in all that we do. Black, Indigenous and People of Color are encouraged to apply.
The exact work schedule is arranged around the retreat calendar, which means that intense work periods are followed by blocks of days off. The calendar is usually full by March. Nearly all programs begin with dinner the first day and end before lunch the last day.
The position does not include health benefits, but shared housing is available.
If interested please fill out the application below. Please be sure to include a cover letter and resume. Thank you.
If you have any trouble with this form, please email us instead.