May 1-October 15
+/- 30 hours per week
New Learning Journey is a national nonprofit whose mission is centered in land justice work around the country. Based out of the office at Knoll Farm, New Learning Journey is facing an exciting moment of expansion, and is seeking a detail-oriented, creative and experienced Program Assistant to help actualize new opportunities. This role will provide support for funding, communication, curriculum development and all other aspects of Land Justice work on and off the farm.
- Assisting with all aspects of development, including curriculum, fundraising, event organization, communication, and administering programs.
- Planning and promoting special events and programs, including the coordination and planning of our annual benefit concert.
- Working closely with the Executive Director of New Learning Journey, and Knoll Farm’s Program Manager to build and develop relationships with funders
- Setting meetings and managing communications
- Assist with the administration and management of fundraising campaigns and appeals
- Collaborating with our team to develop and update social media accounts to broaden our reach
- Occasionally managing administrative tasks for the Knoll Farm office
Ideal Candidates Will Have:
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Past experiences working in social justice, fundraising and administrative work
- The ability to work independently and collaboratively, respecting differences while working towards a common goal.
- Experience with Zoom, Google Suite and database management software
- Proven experience with social media
- Willingness and excitement to learn
- An approachable demeanor and openness to input
- A sensitivity to issues of gender, racial, ethnic and cultural diversity and inclusion
Knoll Farm’s mission and core values of equity, fairness, inclusion and diversity are present in all that we do. Black, Indigenous and People of Color are encouraged to apply.
At the time of this posting, this position is budgeted for 30 hours a week out of our office in Waitsfield, Vermont from May-October. For the right candidate, there are opportunities to expand to full time, and/or year round work. Starting salary: $16.50/hr
If interested please fill out the application below. Please be sure to include a cover letter and resume. Thank you.
If you have any trouble with this form, please email us instead.